There are two separate buildings on the site. The larger and more prominent one houses the main galleried worship area which is located above the Church Hall (the former Schoolroom), with both sharing the same ground footprint. Behind this building is the former single-story Vestry building, which currently houses our Charity Shop.
The main building was constructed in 1860 to a traditional pattern of a lower worship area with a horse-shoe shaped gallery above, all of which provide seating for about 250 people, which is arranged to focus the attention on the pulpit located centrally towards the end opposite to the pedestrian entrance. The layout is such that the preacher not only can be seen and heard by all those attending, but also has a perfect view of every seat.
People with mobility impairments, including wheelchair users, can easily access all areas of the site via the side entrance. A newly constructed extension to the rear of the main building contains a new kitchen, three toilets (two of which are disabled accessible), and the stairs and platform lift which provide internal access between the two floors (please see under Sunday Worship for access details).
The two rooms – the main worship area and the Hall – are available for hire, either separately or together. The Hall also has a computer linked audio visual system which is available for use, as are the kitchen facilities.